The Kenya High Commission in London seeks applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of the Social Secretary to the High Commissioner. Your application should include a covering letter, CV and statement of claims directly addressing the key responsibilities, qualifications and experiences noted below. All applicants should provide detailed contact information for two referees. The position is a two year renewable contract.
The application period will close on Monday, 15thJuly 2019.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
Please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will receive an e-mail reply. If you have not received any communication from the Human Resources Section within twoweeks after the close of applications, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your understanding and your interest in working at the Kenya High Commission.
The Social Secretary arranges functions hosted by the High Commissioner and is responsible for the High Commissioners diary. The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Extending invitations on behalf of the High Commissioner by telephone, fax and email
• Managing the High Commissioner’s Diary
• Managing the Mission’s Social Media Handles
• Collating and preparing quarterly reports
• Organising and coordinating events hosted by the Kenya High Commission
• Updating information in the Contacts Database
• Deliver high quality media relations operation for the High Commission which include drafting press releases, statements, pressrebuttals
.• Researching trending topics and preparing briefing documents
• Arranging appointments and interviews for visiting Government Delegations
• Bachelors Degree from a recognized University.
• Minimum 3 years work experience in a High level Government Department
. A current certificate of good conduct
• Highly developed organisation and communication skills, including the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in the use of standard office IT equipment.
• Demonstrated accountability and integrity, including in cash management.
• Ability to work flexible hours