Holders of any Travel Documents/Certificates of Identity and nationals of the following countries shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi for approval:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (Formerly North Korea), Eritrea, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Palestine, Senegal, Somalia, Syria, Tajikistan and Yemen.
Referred Visa Requirements
- Form 22 (Visa application form) duly filled.
- Clear passport size photographs.
- Clear of Passport/Travel document (Bio-data page) which must be valid for at least six months on proposed date of entry. (original)
- A letter from the applicant addressed to the High Commissioner requesting for the visa.
- Introduction letter from Employer where applicable.
- Clear copy of resident/ work permits.
- Invitation letter from host in Kenya explaining relationship between host and applicant and signed by the host (invitations by email which are usually not signed are unacceptable).
- Host’s copy of ID or Passport if visiting an individual. If host is non-Kenyan copy of their resident permit will also be required.Details of the host should be clearly stated both in the invitation letter and form 22 i.e.
- Postal address including postal code
- Residential/Physical address
- Telephone/cell phone numbers
- E-mail address
- Non-refundable fee of £ 5.
All the above documents should be forwarded in triplicate copies.
The applications are usually forwarded to Immigration Headquarters, Nairobi for processing which takes 6-8 weeks.