Kenya’s hospitals are known for their best health practices, with committed highly skilled doctors and nurses ready to provide excellent health care services to all individuals brought to their attention.
Most lodges and hotels offer resident medical staff and maintain radio or telephone contact with the Flying Doctor Service, which specializes in air evacuations and emergency treatment in East Africa. Temporary membership is available.
- Kenyatta National Hospital Government Hospital in Nairobi
- Nairobi Hospital Private Hospital in Nairobi.
- Aga Khan Hospitals Private Hospital in Nairobi, Kisumu and Mombasa
- M.P. Shah Hospital Private Hospital in Nairobi
Kenya offers a wide range of educational opportunities. There are state run schools ( for Kenya Citizens only) and a wide variety of private fee paying private schools.
- Kenyan Government department of Education
- Kenya Private Schools Association
- Kenya Secondary School Heads Association
- British Council
Employment and Recognized Qualifications
All Non Kenyan Citizens require a permit to work in Kenya, even for Voluntary work.
Entry and residence requirements
For information on entry and residence requirements, contact your local Kenyan Embassy.
There is no benefits system in Kenya, however if you are working you will be paying in to the National Social Security Fund and the National Hospital Insurance fund.
Driving Licences and Vehicles
You can drive on your international driving licence for up to 90 days.
- Kenya Revenue Authority Kenyan Government department issuing licenses
- Automobile Association of Kenya
There are many International banks and investment companies operating in Kenya. Below are the basic requirements fo opeing a bank account (may vary slightly with different banks)
Requirements for opening a bank account in Kenya:
- ID or passport
- Minimum opening balance ( Varies with different banks)
- Utility bill/ lease agreement( for purpose of verifying physical address)
- Colour passport photograph
- Recommendation letter from an employer or other customer
For information on taxation in Kenya: Kenya Revenue Authourity
Guidance on bringing medication into Kenya
All Non Kenyans require a permit/visa to live in Kenya.