The Kenya High Commission would like to inform that the Commonwealth Secretariat is inviting youth aged between 18 and 30 years to apply for Commonwealth Youth Leadership Programme that will take place from 22-25thAugust 2017 in Glasgow, Scotland.
The 33Sixty is a leadership programme which helps young leaders of the Commonwealth develop their cultural intelligence. It brings 100 young leaders together in order to give them the skills and the experience to cross boundaries, lead change and use the Commonwealth’s networks effectively. Participants work within an international group to develop solutions to some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Who is eligible
33Sixty is open to young leaders who meet the following criteria;
- A citizen of a Commonwealth country.
- Able to communicate and work in English.
The programme is free for participants to attend. However, they will need to arrange for their own transport to and from Glasgow as well as evening meals and accommodation. During the programme; participants investigate a challenge based on one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals: “What can our generation of the Commonwealth do now to make our cities more inclusive and safe by 2030?” Using experiential and blended learning techniques, the programme helps participants to explore leadership from four key aspects:
- Innovation: we produce leaders who think the unthinkable and turn innovative and creative ideas into practical action.
- Cultural Intelligence – the ability to cross divides and thrive in multiple cultures: we develop leaders who can thrive in different cultures, whether based on geography, faith, generation, academic background or worldview.
- Collaboration: we get leaders working across boundaries, understanding how stakeholders connect and how to lead through collaboration.
- Place: we develop leaders who understand the context in which they operate and have sustained broader horizons.
Participants will explore the challenge and their leadership through:
- in-depth conversations with talented leaders from all sectors
- behind-the-scenes visits to a range of incredible organizations
- engaging with interactive online content
- group work with other exceptional young leaders
A global network
Everyone who finishes a Common Purpose programme, anywhere in the world, is welcome to join the Common Purpose 360 network – a 66,000 strong, growing, global community of our alumni with exceptional diversity and a huge range of skills, interests and leadership experiences.
Some will be very senior, experienced leaders across the public, private and NGO sectors, others will be emerging leaders and some will be fellow students at the university. This breadth and depth makes the network unique.
Click Here for more information regarding Commonwealth Youth Leadership Programme