The Mission of the Commercial section of the Kenya High Commission London, is to strengthen the economic relations between Kenya and the United Kingdom. The Commercial section seeks to assist Kenyan Companies in becoming increasingly competitive on the UK market and works to attract foreign investments to Kenya. The section also promotes Kenya as the most favoured destination for tourism.
The Commercial Section aims to:
- Promote Kenya’s trade and Commercial Interests in the U.K.
- Promote Kenya as a favoured destination for investment and tourism
- Provide assistance and guidance to Kenyan and UK companies that would like to explore business opportunities in the alternate country
The Commercial Section Key Operations
Through the following activities among others, the office is able to fulfill its mission to strengthen the economic relationship between Kenya and the United Kingdom:
- Liaise with the United Kingdom Trade and Investment Office (UKTI), DFID, and other government institutions relating to trade and investment.
- Organize UK- Kenya Trade and Investment Forums
- Assist with the assessment of viable investments for UK companies in Kenya as well for Kenyan companies looking to invest in the UK.
- Maintenance of contacts with commercial, industrial, banking, shipping and financial firms in the UK.
- Export promotion including organization of trade fairs and continuous assessment of market constraints or Kenyan products on the UK market with a view of easing them.